Friday, October 29, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Friday --Chocolatini Edition

Seven Quick Takes are hosted by Jen.

1. I totally thought I had already posted here this week. But no, I put a note up on Facebook. NOT the same thing. This does not bode well for NaBloPoMo.

2. Yes, I'm going to try NaBloPoMo again this year. Wish me luck!

3. We had chicken mole for dinner tonight. Well, a women's magazine version of chicken mole apparently designed for wimpy kids on a low-sodium diet. A saltshaker and a bottle of Tapatio made it much better. Next time I will kick it up several notches!

4. We had a chipmunk in our basement. It entered by falling down the dryer vent pipe, and Roger wasn't quick enough to keep it in the bucket when he untaped the vent to let it out. We set up a Havaheart trap, but the cat (or dog) didn't have one (a heart, that is). So now we have a chipmunk grave in the yard. Sniff.

5. Tomorrow is a don't-have-to-go-anywhere day. So we won't. We will, however, do the overdue dusting of all the furniture (me) and put shrink-wrap plastic on all the windows (Roger). And then we will have wine and cheese and shrimp cocktails for dinner, to celebrate our diligence.

6. Today was the first day all week that neither of us had an evening commitment. Next week will be the same. I thought empty-nesting was supposed to be more laid-back. Silly me.

7. The chocolatini in the title is one of my favorite weekend drinks -- chocolate liqueur, vanilla vodka, and Irish cream in a martini glass drizzled with chocolate syrup. Dessert in a glass! And now you know why this post was quick and (possibly) incoherent. Goodnight!


No comments: