Tuesday, February 07, 2012

A to Z

This is shamelessly borrowed from Manda, because I will do anything to avoid the thinking required to do a "real" post.


A. Age:
61, minus three weeks. Well, 20 days, if you have to be exact.

B. Bed size:
King. When we got married our bedroom only had room for a double, and Roger -- who is taller and larger than I am -- tended to take his half out of the middle. We are on our third king.

C. Chore that you hate:
Mopping the floor. I've done it less than 50 times in 30+ years of marriage. But that is because Roger, who is AWESOME, does it himself/trained the kids to do it.

D. Dogs:
My family has had two. I tolerate them.

E. Essential start to your day:
Tea. From loose leaves, in a preheated pot, with freshly boiled water. Or from a bag, if I can't pull that off.

F. Favorite color:
Blue, or possibly pink..

G. Gold or silver:
Gold. I wear silver, but gold.

H. Height:
5'6"ish. I always thought I was 5'8", but when my daughters hit that, I wasn't anymore. Only Branwen is still shorter than I am.

I. Instruments that you play:
Flute and guitar. But not very often anymore.

J. Job title:
Organizer-in-chief. Otherwise known as Mom/Grandma.

K. Kids:
Arwen: 29. Branwen: 27. Miriel: almost 25.
Brandon: 23. Tirienne: 21. Kelson:19

L. Live:
Fort Gratiot MI

M. Mother's name:
was Mildred/Millie.

N. Nicknames:
Hon. (My dad used to call me McClee. I miss it.)

O. Overnight hospital stays:
Tonsillectomy in third grade, and Arwen and Branwen's births. (The other four kids were born at home.)

P. Pet peeves:
Misplaced apostrophes. Grammar and vocabulary sloppiness, such as using "phased" for "fazed" or "mantle" for "mantel."

Q. Quote from a movie:
"Nobody is as handsome as David. Even David."
Sabrina;1995 (Actually, pretty much anything from this or You've Got Mail. My family are memorization nerds.)

S: Siblings:
My brother Patrick.

T: Travel favorite: Stratford Ontario.

U. Underwear: Yes, I wear it.

V. Vegetable(s) you hate:
Beets. If I had $10 for every time my dad tried to persuade me that Harvard beets were good, I could put all my grandchildren through college. And don't even get me started on "redbeet eggs!" (hardboiled eggs pickled in beet juice and vinegar.)

W. What makes you run late:
It would have to be a disaster. I am perpetually, habitually early.

X. X-rays you've had:
Teeth. The time I didn't break my elbow. The time I DID break my elbow. The time I broke my nose. I'm a klutz.

Y. Yummy food that you make:
Check the "tasty Tuesday" labeled posts.

Z. Zoo animal:
The neurotic polar bear in the Louisville zoo. (My kids had better get this reference...!)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I stole this too :-). posted it this morning.