Monday, July 12, 2010

Daybook -- 7/12/10


Outside my window... is a gray and cloudy day. And cool! We had a massive thunder storm last night, which dropped the temperature a good 15 degrees. Marvelous! And the forecast for today is cloudy, with scattered showers.

I am thinking... that it has been a long time since I did a "proper" blog post. But this will have to do..

I am thankful for... the cooler weather! My hot-weather clothing options are somewhat more limited than for cooler seasons, and today I got to wear whatever I wanted without worrying about the sweat factor.

From the kitchen... pork sausage and rice casserole. It's one of Kelson's favorites, and a cooler day makes it just the thing.

I am wearing... navy scoop-neck tshirt, khaki pants, tan sandals, and the lapis lazuli earrings that Roger got for me at the Feast of the Sainte Claire.

I am creating... menu plans and shopping lists. I have a shawl I'm crocheting, but it's just been too hot... Maybe today.

I am going... nowhere today, since Roger's car is having brake work done and he has mine. But that is fine with me!

I am reading... Moving is Murder (A Mom Zone Mystery) by Sara Rosett. A friend read a later book in the series and recommended them. But since I'm only on page 7 I can't say anything specific.

I am hoping...that it stays cool all day. And that there's a dry period where I can go for my walk.

I am hearing... traffic outside my windows. A bit splashy sounding because of all the rainwater from last night.

Around the house... Kelson is sleeping. Since school ended, he has become almost completely nocturnal. I know it goes with the age group (I was that way myself), but it drives me a little bit crazy.

One of my favorite things... is my couch that we got when we moved. It's a sectional with recliners at both ends and a giant hassock that fits into the center curve. Dark brown, chenille-type fabric, cushy and wonderful. I'm going to sit there and do my daily study disciplines as soon as I finish this post.

A few plans for the rest of the week: not much, which is a change and a relief. Grocery shopping, and all the rest of my regular routine.

Words I'm pondering : "Do I have to?' "OK, if I hafta, I'm gonna." This is my current "translation" of Jesus' words in Gethesmane: "Father, if it be possible let this cup pass..." and "Not my will, but Thine be done." I am finding this better understanding of Jesus' human side incredibly helpful and comforting in some current curcumstances.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... some days it feels like this is how my mind works...

No comments: