Wednesday, May 21, 2014
I've seen this in a couple of places, and although nobody tagged me, I'm a sucker for a good meme, so here you go...
1. What is your favorite type of cheese? Honestly, I LOVE havarti, but I almost never buy it because my market only sells it in blocks, and I like it as slices melted over fresh tomatoes on wholegrain toast. I EAT a lot of cheddar and parmesan, and have a weakness for "real" American. Processed cheese, OK. Processed cheese food product, NO.
2. What are you excited about? Summer. I'm not that big a fan of really hot weather, but all our weddings, first communions, etc. are over, AND the choir takes the summer off, so I'll have a lot more free time. Sitting on the deck with my novel-of-the-week and a mojito or Firefly and lemonade? Yes, thank you!
3. How did you celebrate your last birthday? The day itself was an ordinary weekday, but that weekend Branwen -- who shares my birthday -- and her family came up and we went out to dinner at Freighters and then had homemade fudge pie.
4. What is on your bedside table? A lamp, a box of Kleenex, and my book light. At night, my glasses and whatever I was reading join them.
5. What do you order from the movie theater concession stand? I don't think I've ever bought anything at a movie concession stand. Sometimes Roger buys popcorn for us to share, but usually we've either just been out to dinner, or are going out right after.
6. Do you have a garden? What’s growing? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, HA! I have the blackest black thumb known to man. I even kill herb plants that are perfectly healthy when I buy them.
7. Any summer plans? See above!
8. Which TV couple(s) are you rooting for? Since we have never had a TV, I'm clueless. I kind of hope Princess Anna eventually marries Kristoff, though.
9. What’s the last thing you bought? A decaf grande mocha at the Barnes and Noble Cafe.
10. What’s one thing you are passionate about? My family.
11. What are you grateful for this week? Enough. We're not rich, might even qualify as poor (I don't check the numbers,) but we have food, clothes, a lovely house, a terrific family, and a lot of natural beauty within walking distance.
Nobody tagged me, so I'm not tagging, but if you decide to do this I'd love a comment with a link so that I can see your answers.