Monday, April 14, 2008

Ten to One Meme -- Day 2

You may only own NINE books for the rest of your life. What are they?


1. Bible


2. A hymn book of some sort. I’m leaning toward the one I grew up with (called simply The Hymnal and published by a no-longer-existing denomination that merged itself into oblivion.) This is not the best hymnal out there, but it’s the most familiar to me. I’d also hope that I could have all the CD’s I wanted for the more modern stuff!


3. Unabridged dictionary


4. The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien


5. The Chronicles of Narnia (one volume edition) by C.S. Lewis – I’d really rather have the Space Trilogy, but as far as I know it’s never been published in one volume.


6. The Complete Sherlock Holmes vol.1, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

7. ditto vol. 2 – I love mysteries, and although there are thousands I’d hope I could borrow, these are the ones that never lose their twist.


8. Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte The best example of a romance-with-morals.


9. _________, by Louisa May Alcott. My top three choices (in no particular order) are Little Women, Rose in Bloom, and Jack and Jill. Pick one for me!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That is a difficult choice. I don't suppose there is a complete works of Alcott somewhere?

I'm stuck between Little Women and Rose in Bloom. um.... I'll pick... Little Women.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Yeah, I think I would die if I had to go down to nine books. Soon I'll be up to nine bookshelves! You've got very good choices though. I would have to pick Little Women though. (Plus, I've seen Little Men and Jo's Boys published in one volume, so you get get more bang for your buck.)