You may only own NINE books for the rest of your life. What are they?
2. A hymn book of some sort. I’m leaning toward the one I grew up with (called simply The Hymnal and published by a no-longer-existing denomination that merged itself into oblivion.) This is not the best hymnal out there, but it’s the most familiar to me. I’d also hope that I could have all the CD’s I wanted for the more modern stuff!
3. Unabridged dictionary
4. The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
5. The Chronicles of Narnia (one volume edition) by C.S. Lewis – I’d really rather have the Space Trilogy, but as far as I know it’s never been published in one volume.
6. The Complete Sherlock Holmes vol.1, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
7. ditto vol. 2 – I love mysteries, and although there are thousands I’d hope I could borrow, these are the ones that never lose their twist.
8. Jane Eyre, by
9. _________, by Louisa May Alcott. My top three choices (in no particular order) are Little Women, Rose in Bloom, and Jack and Jill. Pick one for me!