Monday, December 14, 2009

What I Should Have Said

My family all know that I have difficulty coming up with snappy comebacks. Unless I'm quoting an appropriate line from a movie, I mostly can't think of anything either funny or pointed in time. They all have heard the story about the one time I did manage the right line at the right time ad nauseum. ( I'll bore you with it in some other post.) But here's one that came late but is too good to sit on.

Over this last insanely busy weekend, at one point one of my children -- I forget which -- said "I didn't know Tiger Woods was married." I don't remember what I actually did say (probably along the lines of "Yeah, he is.") But I wish I had said " Yeah, apparently neither did he!"


3 comments:

Miriel said...

Haha, that's awesome, Mom!

One thought--I find it highly unlikely that the women who collaborated in his infidelity didn't know he was married. In other words, do your job, ladies. Half of men cheating on their wives is other women cheating with them.

Also, I definitely think you should tell the story, because it's *awesome.* I aspire to be that cool one day ;-)

See you in less than a week!!

Kevin said...

Yes. I also demand to hear your story.

Branwen said...

Haha, that is great. I will own up that I was the child who made that statement.