Monday, August 08, 2011

Gerunds

A little foray into a meme with even simpler prompts than a daybook.... HT to Chunky Monkey

Making:
dinner for a friend who recently lost her husband.


(Not)Cooking(for us): leftovers recycled into steak salads

Reading: The Healing Presence by Leanne Payne

Wanting: more hours in the day

Looking: at the clock -- see above.

Playing: nothing. But I recently got a high score at Zuma Blitz.

Wasting: premium tea by tossing it now that it's tepid.

Sewing: thrift store pants for Kelson. Let out one pair, take in the other. Hem both

Wishing: for more time to read.

Enjoying: the cool evening breeze. (Sorry, Southern readers!)

Praying: for someone who is really hurting emotionally.

Waiting: for Roger to get home from Bible study so we can walk the dog.

Wondering: how well I will sleep tonight. Last night wasn't so good.

Loving: Roger, my children and grandchildren.

Hoping: that tomorrow's activities go smoothly.

Marveling: at how much I got done today.

Needing: sleep, please.

Wearing: white shorts, turquoise T and socks, black walking shoes.

Following: my family (and some other cool people) on Twitter.

Noticing: dust on my desk. Oops.

Knowing: that I'm still not as old as I feel right now.

Thinking: that I should be more diligent in doing my exercises.

Bookmarking: my novel
, which I haven't had a chance to read at all today. (The Corpse Wore Tartan.)

Opening:
my mouth in a yawn.

Giggling:
because I always get silly when I'm tired.

Feeling:
blessed to have such small worries as I do!

2 comments:

Veronica M. D. said...

Ugh. I am tired, too. Sleep is just so lovely, so why does it make me chase it? Loved reading it. :)

Tracy said...

I loved this, so I copied it and published my meme today!

As for a breeze, good for you! I am looking forward to that in the fall... (I hope). After all, it will cool off eventually. Hey, it's *only* 99 degrees right now, at 2 p.m. That's an improvement!