Monday, February 24, 2014

Seven Posts in Seven Days! (alternative title: I am certifiably crazy!)

My daughters Arwen and Miriel decided to link up to Conversion Diary's Seven Posts in Seven Days challenge.  My friend Tracy was considering it.  So in a rush of enthusiasm for reading their posts, I piped up "I will if you will."  They are.  So here I am.

I am absolutely going to take the lazy way through and use the daily themes I used for NaBloPoMo back when I still thought I actually might become a "real" blogger.  I now realize that Twitter and Facebook are probably more my speed.  But i said in the last post that I want to hang on to this blog, so I'm going to use it.  For at least seven days...

My old theme was "musical Monday." And without (much) shame, I am going to post the lyrics of the song that was running through my head when I woke up this morning.  If you can figure out why it was in there, I'll bake you a cake and ship it!

The theater, the theater, what's happened to the theater?
Especially where dancing is concerned
Chaps who did taps aren't tapping anymore
They're doing choreography
Chicks who did kicks aren't kicking anymore
They're doing choreography
Heps who did steps
That would stop the show in days that used to be
Through the air they keep flying
Like a duck that is dying
Instead of dance it's choreography
Jakes who did breaks they're not breaking anymore
They're doing choreography
Chicks who did kicks aren't kicking anymore
They're doing choreography
Queens with routines
That would stop the show in days that used to be
One and all they're not chancing
What we used to call dancing
They're busy doing choreography
One and all keep us guessing
What the heck they're expressing
Instead of dance it's choreography!


This, of course, is Choreography, written by Irving Berlin and sung by Danny Kaye in White Christmas.  I do have a special affection for this song, ever since I overheard a conversation about the special Christmas musical at a local evangelical church.  The speaker was explaining that, no, they don't dance, but the musical did have choreography!

See you here tomorrow...

2 comments:

The Sojourner said...

I am just stopping by to say that I love cake. (But sadly, I have no idea why that song was stuck in your head.)

Charlotte said...

Love seeing you write again, even if for only 7 days. Of course I am NOT writing at all so just ignore my mini guilt trip. Is tomorrow Tasty Tuesday? I still use your wonderful stuffed peppers recipe several times a year.