Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More Daybook, because I am Lame

Daybook.jpg

I haven't posted in eight days, so you'll just have to settle for this...

Outside my window... it is sunny, and the mud is drying up. Roger is doing a terrific job of getting the random hedgy bushes removed and trellising the grape vine.

I am thinking... that spring may not officially come until Saturday, but it is doing a good job of acting like it's here already. 64 degrees today!

I am thankful for... the enormous progress I have made on organizing the books and basement AND the fact that the new bookcases were $5 off each when we went to get them.

From the kitchen... corned beef and cabbage. What else would I serve on Saint Patrick's Day??!!

I am wearing... Khaki pants and socks, green tee, cream sweater, and black walking shoes.

I am creating... two 8-foot tablecloths for Easter dinner. !8 people not counting the unborn grandchild.

I am going... crazy trying to find my cell phone. This is the second time I've lost it in a week and a half.

I am reading... Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. Once upon a time I thought I might become a midwife when my kids were old enough. Sadly, by the time they were old enough I was too old for the hours I'd have to put in, but my reading still includes "birth junkie>"

I am hoping... that this beautiful weather continues.

I am hearing... the sump pump working hard. The mud may be drying, but the ground is still soggy. Fortunately the water all seems to be in the sump and not the rest of the basement.

Around the house... sun is poring through all our wonderful windows.

One of my favorite things... is decaf Cafe Mocha, which I buy at Barnes and Noble Cafe almost every Wednesday. What a great way to drink milk! ;-D

A few plans for the rest of the week.... unpacking books, books, and more books. And lunch with Julie tomorrow "for our birthdays". Only a month late.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing....
This is me last summer, talking with my cousins at "the Hunt Camp". I don't know what I was talking about, but I certainly felt strongly about it!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

unborn grandchild?

and I'm looking for new bookshelves. What do yours look like? I need BIG ones...

and of course, corned beef - but no cabbage here. Sigh. It's Wednesday and that means everyone goes to different things all evening. So... I made corned beef and swiss on rye :-). But I will make the full meal this weekend when we have time to sit and eat together.

Salome Ellen said...

Yes, Tracy, another grandchild. (Look closely; I changed the header too...) Branwen is due in August. We've known since Christmas, but I kept "internet silence" to make sure she got to be the one to tell all her friends.

Lindsay said...

Congratulations on the new grandchild! :o) And I love the fact that we share the same beloved coffee beverage.... except I take mine fully caffeinated. Because I abuse caffeine.