Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Word and Question/ Playing Poetry -- October Edition




letter W Ampersand Q number 5


For the last couple of months I've (as those of you who show up here regularly probably know) I've been playing the Word and Question poetry game started by Enbrethiliel of Shredded Cheddar. Being a generous sort, she has been sharing the hosting duties! Last month was hosted by Dauvit at Crosses and Cradles, and this month it's my turn.

The full rules are here, but the general pattern is that if you want to play, you email me by Friday with a word and a question. I email you back by Sunday with a word and question submitted by others, and the game is on! I have to post my poem by next Wednesday, but everyone else gets until the 27th. And if you don't have a blog, you're welcome to post your poem in the comments here.

If you're waffling about whether or not to play -- please do. The entries are all over the map in terms of style and execution, and the rules state that we all have to say something nice about each poem. And your eighth grade English teacher isn't playing!

My email is in my profile, and just in case anybody is wondering -- my name really is Salome Ellen, but I've gone by Ellen all my life. Let's Play Poetry!!

1 comment:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I've already sent my entry in! =D

(And forwarded Dylan's!)