Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Daybook Three Weeks in a Row!


Daybook.jpg


For Today, May 17, 2010

Outside my window... it is gray but warm. I wore a sweater when I took my walk, but I kept pushing the sleeves up. But I would probably have been cold without it. One of the paradoxes of spring....

I am thinking... about why I am stalling on the music planning sheets. I am up-to-date on every other responsibility and discipline in my life, so why am I procrastinating???

I am thankful for... our visit to Arwen and Bryan's last weekend. We got to spend and extra day with Miriel before she flew back to D.C. for the summer. And it was just all-around fun! Watching Blaise on the playscapes at the park was priceless.

From the kitchen... smoked sausage (cut up and browned), corn, and sauerkraut heated and then stirred with the sausage drippings. Easy, and I love it. Roger and Kelson tolerate it, but I tolerate a number of things they like, so since I'm cooking....

I'm am wearing... Tan cotton pants, navy scoop-neck Tshirt, navy cable cardigan, navy socks, and black loafers with holes in them.

I am creating... a summer dress for Camilla out of a skirt that Arwen doesn't want anymore. It should be quite cute, if I cut it correctly, since I'm not using a pattern to take advantage of the existing flouncy hem.

I am going... to sit on the couch and read for the rest of the evening. Bliss!

I am reading... three things at once, as usual. Two restaurant cookbooks and a fluffy mystery. I also have a non-fiction on frugal living in the pile next to the couch.

I am hoping... that Saturday will have good weather. Our Right to Life chapter is having a Wheels for Life event (bicycles, skateboards, strollers, for all I know wheelchairs!) We will be making circuits of the pond on the nature trail I talked about two weeks ago. Rain would be way less fun.

I am hearing...the refrigerator running. We just put in the dinner leftovers, and it's trying to catch up.

Around the house... vacuuming needs to be done. It's usually a Saturday chore, but we weren't here on Saturday. Maybe it will get done before next Saturday, and maybe not.

One of my favorite things... is The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Roger is reading our paperback edition right now, and when he is done I'm going to do a long-overdue re-reading myself. If I can stop reserving new books at the library, that is. But I'm homesick for Middle Earth.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Bible study tomorrow, a stop at the library for two books that are on hold for me (see what I mean about the requests?), and major grocery shopping on Thursday. This week I made the list and the money come out even with less work than it's been for a while.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...















and I hope I have a relationship with some of you. Content is a little more problematic -- that's why I do the Daybook. ;-D


No comments: