Thursday, November 04, 2010

Daybook -- On Thursday because that's just how I am....



Outside my window... fall is turning to winter. The leaves on the grape vine were bright yellow just a few days ago. Now they are brown and lying on the ground.

I am thinking... that NaBloPoMo is being slightly less challenging this year. Honestly, I think it's because I've been practicing my typing and now I can get the same amount of thoughts written in less time.

I am thankful for... the anticipated holiday season, with ALL the family here. And that there is money to buy gifts, and special food, and even enough to share. I am waiting anxiously for the parish "giving tree" to go up, so that I can decide what sort of tag to take this year. Baby? Homeless person? Teen?

From the kitchen... Lentil Sausage Soup and apple crisp for the Worship Commission meeting at church. Everybody on the committee is so busy that the only way we could find time to meet is by multi-tasking it with dinner. But I get to cook for 8 people again!

I am wearing... my blue fleece bathrobe and fuzzy slippers. I am admittedly a slow starter in the morning, but I'm usually showered by now. But I've gotten a lot done.... That's an excuse, isn't it? Please say its OK....

I am creating... blog posts all month. And a Christmas shopping list. I saw on a blog I read the author's goal to have her shopping done before Advent! I'd love to pull that off, and maybe next year if I set it as a goal I'll be able to. But this year it's encouraging me to get as much as I can manage out of the way.

I am going...to the grocery store as soon as I'm dressed, and then to Worship Commission followed by choir practice. A busy evening.

I am reading... the books I mentioned yesterday. I am speeding through Evans Above, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to love the whole series. No progress on String Theory...

I am hoping... that it doesn't rain while I am grocery shopping. I hate carrying things into the house and having them drip.

I am hearing... the Celtic music Roger has playing as he works. I tend to need/want much less background music than he does. Which is good, because sound carries in this house (I'm in the kitchen, he's in the office at the end of the hall,) and we might have to turn it up to deafening levels to drown the other out.

Around the house... I did a complete dusting round on Saturday, and Roger put shrink-wrap plastic on all the windows. I haven't noticed a difference in temperature, but I'm sure I will in January. And we are supposed to have snow flurries tomorrow!

A few plans for the rest of the week: grandchildren this weekend! Arwen is going to The Blathering (a blogger get-together), so Bryan is bringing Camilla and Blaise to town.

Words I'm pondering : none, I guess. Which means I need to slow down a bit.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing....

No comments: